Why Command Staff Needs to Prioritize Officer Safety and Wellness
March 30th, 2022 - 1:00PM to 2:00PM
Participation from R2 Community
Est. # of Attendees
In Person, Webcast | Webinar
Federal Government, Other Federal Agencies, State & Local Government
First Responders, Law Enforcement, Management
- Learn More
- Est. Min. Exhibitor Cost
- Est. Min. Attendee Cost $49.99
Whether you are a Chief, a Superintendent, or whatever high-ranking title you may have, the bottom line is that your officers continue to do their jobs day in and day out. Despite the negativity on the street and from the media, these brave men and women continue to put on the uniform and serve their communities.
Beyond what is expected of you in your job description, what are you doing to ensure the health and wellness of all of your people? Is your department simply checking boxes or are you really delving into officer wellness? Ignoring your officers’ needs won’t make the need for health and wellness promotion go away.
As a leader, your people feed off your leadership and it trickles down from the top to the rank and file. Taking care of your people means more than simply having the right equipment and physical and tactical training.
In this presentation, we’ll discuss and break down the stigma that is endemic across departments. We’ll explore the need to create a culture of acceptance, promote wellness initiatives, focus on prevention and proactive measures rather than reactive ones, and embrace resiliency and recovery to stop the cycle of throwing good officers away. Finally, we’ll discuss how you can create and model the positive wellness behaviors that should be a cornerstone of every department.
Certificate of Completion
All attendees will receive a certificate of completion.
IPSA Associate and Active Level Members will have access to the recording.
– This course is better suitable for HSE professionals, Experienced and Non Experienced Individuals, Supervisors, Technicians, and Undergraduate students
– Fire Safety Professionals
– Applicants of Health and Safety Jobs & Positions
– Students and fresh graduates looking for building an outstanding resume
– Even if you are not listed in above categories, still you should take this course since FIRE is one of the most dangerous ingredients of life that has irreversible effects. This course will support you to respond rapidly in worst-case scenarios of FIRE.