NFPA 101, Life Safety Code (2021) Essentials Live Virtual Training
November 1st, 2021 - November 5th, 2021 - 1:00PM to 5:30PM
Participation from R2 Community
Est. # of Attendees
Federal Government, Other Federal Agencies, State & Local Government
Citizen Engagement, Fire - Rescue, Public Safety
- Learn More
- Est. Min. Exhibitor Cost
- Est. Min. Attendee Cost
Receive an in-depth overview and live virtual instruction in essential requirements for life safety and hazard mitigation in the built environment.
NFPA 101®, Life Safety Code®, is referenced by countless industries, organizations, departments, and professionals across North America and around the world to help reduce the risks of fires and improve building and life safety. Regardless of job function, NFPA 101, Life Safety Code (2021), Essentials Live Virtual Training (LVT) is designed to provide you with the knowledge and confidence to accurately apply code criteria in your work.
From determining safe means of egress to requirements for the protection of vertical openings and hazardous areas, this training is a must-have for anyone responsible for building safety and compliance.
Upon completion, you should be able to:
- Explain classifications of occupancy, including NFPA 101 requirements relevant to new and existing buildings
- Reference provisions for components of the building’s means of egress, fire alarm and suppression systems, and other fire protection features
- Calculate occupant load and establish capacity of individual means of egress components and the entire egress system
- Define and apply the correct criteria for rehabilitation work categories
- Determine requirements for high-rise buildings and special structures, building services, and operating features
This interactive five-day course offers a cost-effective and efficient way to get up to date with NFPA 101, Life Safety Code, essentials.
Based on the 2021 edition of the code, NFPA 101 LVT addresses the latest design approaches, construction materials and practices, industry challenges, and advancements in technologies.
Important changes for 2021 NFPA 101 addressed include:
- Revised sprinkler requirements for some existing high-rise buildings
- New language for combustible artificial decorative vegetation, outdoor furniture, and combustible artificial decorative vegetation on roofs and near buildings
- New requirements for energy storage systems
- Updated information on vertical opening protection
- New requirements for two-way radio communication enhancement systems
- Added provisions requiring new bars and restaurants to be sprinklered
NFPA 101®, Life Safety Code® (2021) Essentials LVT delivers an in-person classroom experience from the convenience of your home or office.
Capitalize on the opportunity to practice Life Safety Code application in an intuitive digital format. This course brings high-impact learning to you, so you can benefit from the quality instruction you have come to expect from NFPA®, from your computer or internet-enabled device. The program takes place over five consecutive days, featuring two 2-hour sessions per day with a half-hour break in between. Monthly offerings alternate between morning and afternoon sessions to fit your schedule.
NFPA 101 Essentials LVT classes are limited in size and optimized to engage you via a real-time online video conferencing platform. Participate in polling exercises and interactive discussions to increase your understanding of best practices for responding to challenges in particular types of buildings and facilities. You will work through realistic scenarios within the framework of a fully developed case study to help test your knowledge and skills.
Participants benefit from:
- Guidance and instruction from nationally recognized subject matter experts
- Free 30-day subscription to the new digital information delivery platform, NFPA LiNK™, for access to the most current edition of the Life Safety Code and supporting materials
- Ability to accrue up to 20 hours, or 2.0 continuing education units, you can put toward professional requirements
- Opportunity to earn a Certificate of Completion by passing a post-attendance online exam
Shorten the learning curve of getting up to speed with the essentials of the Life Safety Code via this innovative online training program.
This course is essential for facility and risk managers, safety directors, authorities having jurisdiction, and others who play a role in building fire prevention and protection. Help elevate public safety in your community or jurisdiction and satisfy continuing professional educational requirements with NFPA 101, Life Safety Code (2021) Essentials Live Virtual Training.
Anyone concerned with life safety compliance, including: facility managers, inspectors, safety directors, engineers, architects, designers, risk managers, facility consultants, and project managers.