NFPA 13, Standard for Installation of Sprinkler Systems (2019) Live Virtual Training
October 4th, 2021 - October 8th, 2021 - 1:00PM to 5:30PM
Participation from R2 Community
Est. # of Attendees
Federal Government, Other Federal Agencies, State & Local Government
Citizen Engagement, Fire - Rescue, Public Safety
- Learn More
- Est. Min. Exhibitor Cost
- Est. Min. Attendee Cost
Access expert instruction in sprinkler system installations with interactive, web-based learning from NFPA®.
Your expertise in understanding how to locate, interpret, and apply requirements for automatic sprinkler systems plays a critical role in helping protect lives and property and reducing loss in a fire. NFPA 13, Standard for Installation of Sprinkler Systems (2019) Live Virtual Training provides a cost-effective and convenient way to get the knowledge you need to improve safety and develop your career. The course delivers the experience of in-person classroom learning from the convenience of your computer.
Training is based on the NFPA 13, 2019 edition and takes place across five days, with two, 2-hour sessions per day and a half-hour break in between. Monthly offerings alternate between morning and afternoon schedules to suit your availability. Participants receive a robust overview of fire sprinkler system protection strategies through collaborative polling exercises and expert-led discussions.
The course also covers:
- Design fundamentals of new installations
- Assessment of existing sprinkler systems
- New industry trends and technologies
- Examining developing hazards and concerns
Pre-course materials put you on the path to success and enhance overall learning.
With NFPA 13 Live Virtual Training, your educational journey begins before you start taking the online classes. Each student receives downloadable summaries and job aids that help establish a foundation of knowledge to build upon more advanced concepts. Materials offer insight into:
- How NFPA codes and standards are organized
- The NFPA 13 development process
- Official NFPA global definitions
- Scope and application of the standard
- The organization structure of individual chapters
Get the knowledge to work with increased confidence, precision, and safety in an engaging online format.
NFPA 13, Standard for Installation of Sprinkler Systems (2019) Live Virtual Training walks you through a realistic digital manufacturing and warehousing facility where you will need to apply requirements, investigate solutions, and make critical decisions in real-time. The interactive instruction spans the range of NFPA 13 criteria to help increase your proficiency in designing, installing, and analyzing sprinkler systems.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Describe fire sprinkler system types and system components
- Select appropriate occupancy and commodity hazard classifications
- Analyze design issues in both single- and multi-occupancy use buildings
- Select the appropriate sprinkler system for a given building occupancy
- Identify specific criteria used to select an NFPA 13 compliant system
- Compare the differences in CMDA, CMSA, and ESFR sprinklers that affect system design choices
- Determine minimum water supply requirements
- Analyze the critical effects of changes to the water supply in existing systems
- Identify basic hydraulic principles and how they impact a given system
- Implement a systematic approach to sprinkler system design and analysis
Access high-impact in-person training via a virtual classroom platform from the most reliable source.
This new training program from NFPA is ideal for anyone responsible for ensuring water-based fire suppression systems work as intended in an emergency. Expand your skill and expertise and earn 20 hours of continuing education credits by completing NFPA 13, Standard for Installation of Sprinkler Systems (2019) Live Virtual Training.
Engineers, plan reviewers, designers, installers, inspectors, manufacturers, insurers, consultants, and project managers