NFPA 70, National Electrical Code (NEC) (2020) Essentials Live Virtual Training
October 18th, 2021 - October 22nd, 2021 - 1:00PM to 5:30PM
Participation from R2 Community
Est. # of Attendees
Federal Government, Other Federal Agencies, State & Local Government
Citizen Engagement, Fire - Rescue, Public Safety
- Learn More
- Est. Min. Exhibitor Cost
- Est. Min. Attendee Cost
Join live online—Learn to use and apply NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® (NEC®), content through real application training scenarios led by recognized electrical code experts. Then confirm course knowledge and earn your Certificate of Completion by passing the online exam.
- Two 2-hour sessions per day (1/2 hour break in between)
- Monthly offerings that alternate between morning and afternoon schedules
- Downloadable summaries and job aids
The newly enhanced NFPA 70, National Electrical Code (NEC) Essentials Virtual Training provides a scenario-based experience. You apply what you learn in an interactive virtual environment based on the electrical system design and reconstruction within an aging building.
NFPA® Live Virtual Training presents a unique opportunity to practice in an interactive online environment based on a scenario in a real-world setting. Updated for consistency with the 2020 edition of NFPA 70, the NEC Essentials Virtual Training has been redesigned to deliver high-impact instruction to help you provide safe and compliant electrical installation and design in your work setting. This dynamic course is designed to advance your ability to locate, interpret, and apply requirements in the ever-evolving NEC. You will leave with actionable takeaways that help you comply with requirements and have confidence in your ability to recognize potential problems.
Participants will have free access to the NEC Navigator before class begins for a vital introduction on using the NEC, 2020 edition. A Certificate of Completion is available after the course upon completion of an online exam.
Help ensure safe and compliant electrical installation and design and avoid rework and violations with the ability to analyze the electrical needs for a given scenario and correctly apply the requirements in the NEC.
Course objectives include:
- Navigate the NEC to find applicable requirements for an electrical installation.
- Examine the requirements of the NEC as they relate to the safety of an electrical installation.
- Determine the dimensions of required access and working spaces about equipment.
- Determine general requirements for sizing and installing service, feeder, branch circuit conductors, and overcurrent protection.
- Select and size key elements of the building grounding and bonding system.
- Determine the minimum raceway size for a given set of conductors.
Anyone who uses or enforces the NEC, including: electrical system designers, electrical engineers, electrical contractors, safety engineers, installation and maintenance professionals, manufacturers, electrical inspectors, facility maintenance personnel, and project managers.