NFPA 70E, Electrical Safety in the Workplace (2021) Live Virtual Training
August 16th, 2021 - August 19th, 2021 - 1:00PM to 5:30PM
Participation from R2 Community
Est. # of Attendees
Federal Government, Other Federal Agencies, State & Local Government
Citizen Engagement, Fire - Rescue, Public Safety
- Learn More
- Est. Min. Exhibitor Cost
- Est. Min. Attendee Cost $724.95
Take your ability to create and maintain an electrically safe workplace to a higher level with NFPA® online training that replicates the experience of classroom learning.
Whether you are an employer responsible for protecting personnel or an employee tasked with identifying and addressing electrical hazards, it is vital you have the knowledge and skills to help ensure everyone on the job gets home safe. NFPA 70E®, Electrical Safety in the Workplace® (2021) Live Virtual Training (LVT) focuses on delivering the tools to help minimize occupational accidents and incidents while avoiding costly mistakes and increasing efficiency.
This intensive four-day program reviews the articles of 70E, covers the fundamentals of setting up and following an electrical safety program, and documents operating procedures for compliance with OSHA 1910 Subpart S and OSHA 1926 Subpart K.
Course content covers the ability to:
- Relate key requirements in OSHA to NFPA 70E, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace,® requirements
- Examine what makes a person qualified with respect to electrical work
- Distinguish significant components of an electrical safety program
- Assess the effectiveness of a risk control method based upon the hierarchy of risk control methods
- Differentiate when equipment must be placed in an electrically safe work condition from when energized work is permitted
- Explain why an electrically safe work condition is the priority of NFPA 70E
- Distinguish the process for establishing an electrically safe work condition from other lockout/tagout procedures
- Implement the risk assessment procedure in determining protective measures in accordance with the hierarchy of risk control methods
- Differentiate between the two methods used to determine arc flash PPE and arc flash boundaries requirements.
- Facilitate the selection of required PPE based on the hazards involved
- Explain the intent and limitations of PPE for protection from shock and arc flash hazards.
- Identify hazards to personnel working with power electronic equipment as defined by NFPA 70E
- Relate the process of placing capacitors in an electrically safe work condition
- And much, much, more!
NFPA 70E Electrical Safety in the Workplace LVT provides engaging in-person learning, online from your location of convenience.
Based on the 2021 edition of NFPA 70E, this essential electrical safety training is presented over a Zoom video conferencing platform that brings the classroom to you virtually. Participate in real-time, expert-led sessions where you have the opportunity to increase your knowledge of the standard and practice applying its requirements in an interactive digital environment. This dynamic, expert-led course uses real-world scenario-based activities and exercises, videos, job aids, and templates for increased engagement and retention of core concepts and practices.
Get the high-impact training and quality resources to increase your skillset and satisfy professional education requirements.
NFPA 70E Live Virtual Training takes place over 4 consecutive days, featuring two 2-hour sessions per day with a half-hour break in between the two sessions each day. Monthly offerings alternate between morning and afternoon schedules to help accommodate your particular needs.
The course includes a complimentary workbook as well as downloadable summaries and job aids. You also receive free, 30-day access to NFPA LiNK™, the exciting new digital information platform providing online access to the latest edition of NFPA 70E.
Participation in all eight sessions earns 1.6 hours of continuing education units. A Certificate of Completion is available after the course upon passing an online exam.
Help ensure compliance with OSHA and NFPA 70E electrical safety provisions and protect lives and property with Live Virtual Training from NFPA.
Electrical hazards are a significant concern in nearly every workplace, resulting in hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries each year. Get the tools to help mitigate dangers and reduce incidents and liabilities by registering your place for NFPA 70E, Electrical Safety in the Workplace (2021) Live Virtual Training
Electrical engineers, safety managers, electricians, electrical contractors, plant managers, facility maintenance personnel, electrical inspectors, risk managers, mechanical engineers, HVAC installers, designers, and project managers.