Conducting Forensic Interviews with Children: What Justice Professionals Need to Know
August 25th, 2022 - 1:00PM to 2:15PM
Participation from R2 Community
Est. # of Attendees
In Person, Webcast | Webinar
County Government, Dept of Health & Human Services, Dept of Homeland Security, Dept of Justice, Judicial Branch Agencies, State & Local Government, State Government
First Responders, Law Enforcement, Public Safety
- Learn More
- Est. Min. Exhibitor Cost
- Est. Min. Attendee Cost $56.95
Using a research-based forensic interview protocol is important for gathering as much accurate information as possible from children about crimes they have experienced or witnessed. This webinar will provide an overview of a modified form of the National Institute of Child Health and Development (NICHD) interview protocol. The pitfalls associated with asking compound, direct, suggestive, and leading questions will be discussed.
Participants will learn the following:
- How building rapport and providing narrative practice influences how informative children are during interviews.
- Techniques to increase children’s narrative production.
- Techniques to minimize the risk of children adopting suggested information.
- Key points that need to be addressed in forensic interviews.
Criminal Justice and related professionals are welcome to attend the live webinar event at no charge.
Anyone whose responsibilities include the inspection, testing, and maintenance of water-based fire protection systems, including: maintenance professionals, sprinkler system contractors, building owners, and enforcement officials.