SimpleSense is a first-of-its-kind Incident Authority, a new technology that enables two or more security agencies to stream, analyze, and transact in critical information in real time in an emergency.
As a society, as we generate more and more data, we must make that data actionable and solve the problem of getting the right data into the hands of the right person at the right time, especially when lives are at risk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does SimpleSense receive dispatch data from?
- We work with security teams to broker Interconnect Agreements between their organization and local 911 officials that maintain emergency dispatch information. Once in place, these agreements allow for real-time transmittal of 911 dispatch information.
How long does it take to get access to the data?
- The hardest part of the process is executing the Interconnect Agreement, which takes from 2 weeks to several months. Once executed, the technological implementation requires minimal time and effort on the part of the 911 agency.
Has this been done before?
- A few companies, like PulsePoint and Active911, have worked with 911 dispatch data to improve communication for first responders in an emergency. However, none have solved the problem of interoperability, making dispatch data available to all agencies involved in an incident, whether they be local, state, federal, military or private.
What are the training requirements for security teams?
- Training requirements are minimal, SimpleSense integrates directly into existing incident management software and security operations procedures.
What kind of dispatch information is shared?
At a minimum, SimpleSense receives the same information broadcast over radio, including:
- Type of incident
- Unit dispatched
Additional information may include:
- GPS coordinates (latitude/longitude
- Narrative of patient conditions
- Common or alternate location name
Is SimpleSense compliant with HIPAA?
- Per the Interconnect Agreements signed with local 911 officials, SimpleSense does not receive personally identifiable information (PII) and is fully HIPAA compliant.
How do enterprises access critical information provided by SimpleSense?
- Enterprises access information via email, through a website login to SimpleSense software, or through existing PSIM or other incident management software.
How has SimpleSense validated the 6 minute savings in response times?
- SimpleSense validated response time savings through consultation with NIST Public Safety Communications Research Division, interviews with 90 corporate crisis and risk managers, a pilot program with the U.S. Air Force in Boston, and functional exercises with fire departments in Reno and Erie, Pa. Additional testing is underway with TEEX, a non-profit public safety testing company.
Can I customize SimpleSense to better integrate with my environment?
- Yes, SimpleSense offers Application Program Interfaces (APIs) that can be used to integrate with existing services.
Does SimpleSense offer an on-premise solution?
- SimpleSense is a cloud service hosted on Amazon AWS that integrates with other cloud-based and on-premises solutions.
Improve situational awareness
Facilitate real-time communication between disconnected response systems (i.e. between local 911 and the C2 platform in the Base Defense Operations Center, allowing dispatchers to receive notifications when off-base incidents occur).
Rapidly and seamlessly adapt to continuously growing mission requirements and user needs by leveraging the latest lean and agile methodologies, as well as modern cloud technology standards.
Make faster decisions
Interconnect software platforms so as operators enter information into one platform, other platforms automatically and securely receive the data real time. This saves time for dispatchers with little to no new training required.
Get high quality support
Overcome organizational obstacles with industry-leading product support and experience. SimpleSense is not a platform, we are your service partner in bringing the right information to the right person at the right time.